I’m a highly experienced technical writer with an extensive background in software development, and I’ve successfully worked remotely with clients in Israel, the US, South Africa, and Bahrain.
My years of experience in writing software and writing about software uniquely qualify me for performing the required tasks for your project: interviewing developers to obtain information and then explaining complicated subjects to users (both technical and non-technical) in a way they will understand.
I have also produced short instructional videos showing users how to perform various operations with the software.
2012 – present
Technical Communications Consultant to various IT security companies in Israel, USA, South Africa and Bahrain, in which capacity I researched and wrote written proposals, White Papers, User Guides, Deployment Guides, Administration Guides and other highly technical publications for various network security software and hardware companies, including Imperva, Preempt (now CrowdStrike), ForeScout, Discretix, General Electric, Safend, Sofaware, Promisec, (CSG) Cyber Security Group, OxBlue and others.
2008 – 2012
Technical Communicator, Imperva, Tel Aviv, Israel In this position I have written proposals, White Papers, User Guides, Deployment Guide, Administration Guides and other highly technical publications.
Consultant to various IT security companies in technical writing and / or assisting them in their obtaining Common Criteria certification.
1999 – 2003
Certification Manager, Check Point Software Technologies, Ramat Gan, Israel.
In this position, I accomplished the following:
- obtained Common Criteria EAL4 certification for company’s flagship product (VPN 1/FireWall-1) in 1999 and 2002
- obtained ITSEC E3 certification for company’s VPN-1/ FireWall-1 product in 1999, 2001 and 2002;
- obtained FIPS 140-1 level 2 certification for company’s VPN-1/ FireWall-1 product in 2002;
- obtained ICSA certification (firewall and VPN) for company’s VPN 1/FireWall-1 product in 2001 and 2002;
- obtained VPN Consortium certification for company’s VPN-1/ FireWall-1 product in 2001 and 2002
- obtained CISSP certification in 2003
- completed a course in writing documentation for FIPS 140-2 at Cygnacom in McLean, VA.
In this position, I managed Check Point’s certification efforts and obtained the certifications listed above. To this end, I performed the following:
- analyzed the product’s compliance with the different criteria;
- coordinated development and Quality Assurance efforts to bring the product to compliance with the different criteria by adding and modifying features;
- coordinated contractual and work arrangements with consultants, evaluators, laboratories and Certification Boards in the UK, US and Australia;
- coordinated contacts with business partners pursuing similar certifications for their Check Point-based products;
- fielded enquiries from field personnel regarding certification requirements in different industries;
- initiated CAPS certification effort (UK encryption certification)initiated GSM Association standardization efforts for GPRS/UMTS security.
1995 – 2002
Technical Publications Manager, Check Point Software Technologies, Ramat Gan, Israel In this position (which for 3 years overlapped with my certification responsibilities), I performed the following:
- wrote much of and assumed responsibility for all user documentation (User Guides, Admin Guides, White Papers, online help, Web-based information) for all Check Point products;
- system configuration responsibility for Technical Publications group;
- coordinated support and escalation group (in Dallas, TX) internal and externally available documentation with Technical Publications group efforts;
- applied information gained from customer problems and misconfigurations to improving both user and support documentation;
- coordinated Quality Assurance testing documentation with Technical Publications Group effort;
- coordinated professional courseware development with the Courseware Development group in Dallas, TX.
B Sc. Mathematics, Brooklyn College of the City University of New York